Golf Cart Safety Tips
If you’ve never driven a golf cart before, it’s wise to familiarize yourself with how to drive one properly in order to avoid the risk of accidents or injuries. Whether you own a cart or are planning on taking advantage of one of our golf cart rentals, the following tips can help ensure you and your passengers stay safe on your next ride:
- Make sure you’re familiar with any special golf cart rules and regulations where you’re located. You can review golf cart laws for Carolina Beach, NC by clicking here!
- Always drive responsibly by avoiding reckless driving and following the rules of the road.
- Only carry the number of passengers you have seats for. Never overload a golf cart.
- Make sure all passengers keep their legs, arms, and heads inside the vehicle at all times.
- Never drive a golf cart under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Don’t operate a golf cart from any other seat other than the driver’s seat.
- Never allow anyone to stand up while the golf cart is in motion.
- Wear your seatbelt, if available.
- Avoid distracted driving. Keep both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road instead of allowing your phone or anything else to distract you.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Always use hand signals to indicate turns, as well as your blinkers.
- Check your blind spots any time you turn.
- Look behind you before putting your golf cart in reverse and backing up.
- Always bring your golf cart to a complete stop before changing direction.
- Avoid excessive speeds, sharp turns, steep slopes, and sudden starts or stops.
- Slow down before and during turns.
- Try to avoid driving in inclement weather. If you are driving during bad weather, reduce your speed based on the driving conditions and environment around you.
- Golf carts will not protect you from lightning strikes so, if there is lightning, get to a safe place and exit the golf cart as soon as possible.
- Avoid rough terrain when possible.
- When exiting your golf cart, make sure to fully engage the parking brake, remove the key from the ignition, and take it with you. Never leave your keys in your golf cart.
Now that you and your passengers know how to safely enjoy a golf cart, why not hit the road? Sun Fun is here for all of your golf cart needs, from rentals and golf cart taxis to sales and service! Give us a call at 910-707-0926 or visit one of our locations!